FARMER PRODUCER ORGANIZATIONS
HPMI assists farmers and agriprenures to promote Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) across the country and link producer groups (both existing ones and newly formed institutions) to market access opportunities.
To foster technology penetration, improve productivity, enable improved access to inputs and services and increase farmer incomes, thereby strengthening their sustainable agriculture based livelihoods through agribusiness.
- Focus on shared member needs and common objectives by using participatory approach to group development in which the Farmer Interest Groups are the decision maker.
- Give top priority to promoting sustainability–ensure that groups formed become financially self-reliant enough to sustain their operations without the continued need for outside support.
- To assist them in meeting their financial requirements and getting available fiscal benefits.
- To educate, motivate them to learn and adopt the agribusiness protocols and maintain transparency in their approach and operations.
- To get the corporates on board for providing hand holding or market linkages for Farmer Producer Companies.